Hi all,
        I have recently purchased a cubieboard:

http://cubieboard.org/

which is an ARM device with SATA. It is going to become a low power media server. I have followed the instructions on getting Gentoo onto it as outlined here:

pluto7777.blogspot.com.au   Monday March 18, 2013

I get a working system up and happening when I do the first boot. I then do the profile selection as listed but there are no server profiles, all basically desktop orientated. I chose 27 as suggested but when I do the

emerge --pretend -NuD world

I get an emerge that has over 250 items and includes things such as cups, libraries for image viewing etc etc, all stuff fine for a desktop but just additional stuff that my little server won't need.

So my question is, what files do I have to fiddle to stop portage from wanting to install all of these additional files? I've looked in the world file and there is basically nothing there so I'm guessing it's in the profile somewhere - but just where?

        Any thought, greatly appreciated,

                Andrew