on 2013-07-19 at 18:39 Dale wrote:

> Ahh, that makes sense.  Thing is, I can't get rid of family photos or my
> videos.  Nope, just ain't happening.

yeah, the same here... my 2Tb HD was almost full, so i bought a new 4Tb
disk. and it's a nice feeling having all that space free...

> I think I could get my OS on a 30Gb SSD with no problem and plenty of
> breathing room.

i had a 30Tb partition for my system in my old HDD, and the breathing
space wasn't quite "plenty". often i found myself with less than the 6Gb
free required by libreoffice to compile, and i had to clean up a bit.
other than that yes, 30Gb is more than enough. in this new SSD i just
installed i made a partition of 40Gb for / .