Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
>     I got a Gentoo box with two kernels, one is linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r9
> kernel sources and the other linux-2.4.30-openmosix-r3. On the 2.6
> kernel, the nvidia driver works fine. But on the OpenMosix version,
> whenever I try to start X, it crashes, and in the log, there are no
> error messages.
>     All I get is:
> (II) Initializing extension GLX
>
>    *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
>    *** be the reason for the server aborting.
>
> Fatal server error:
> Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
>
>     cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE returns nothing.

Well, an intel based portable with a radeon 9000 was working fine
with a 2.6.12-gentoo-r9 kernel until this morning. X(kdm) would
not start. I logged in (console) and entered 'startx' and got something
very strange that may be related to other xorg problems:

First I had to comment out the { Load  "speedo"  } line, then the next
problem was:

'Symbol drmGetClient from module
/usr/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is unresolved'

I also get:
(**) Keyboard1: CustomKeycodes disabled
(WW) No core pointer registered
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard1" (type: KEYBOARD)
No core pointer

Fatal server error:
failed to initialize core devices

I did a emerge -uD world yesterday.