Matt Randolph wrote:

Alexander Skwar wrote:

Hello!

[16:00:20 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~] $ sudo emerge -Duvat world

These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:

Calculating world dependencies ...done!
[..] [ebuild N ] app-i18n/man-pages-de-0.4 0 kB
[..]

As you can see there, the package "man-pages-de" is about
to get installed after a "emerge -Duvat world". As you can
see from the "indention", the package is on the "first" level,
meaning that no other package requires man-pages-de.

Why is man-pages-de going to be installed and how do I
make portage *NOT* install those ancient man pages?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar

# emerge gentoolkit
# equery depends man-pages-de

Oops! I answered without noticing who was asking. I don't know. If you're really sure that it's not in your world file and that no packages depend on it... All I can guess is that something must be broken somewhere. I suppose I'd try cleaning my world file and doing a depclean (with the dep script) to get rid of any unnecessary packages. Could man-pages-de be a dependency of an installed package when some USE flag is set a certain way? I'm wondering if a change in such a USE flag since the original package was installed could cause this behavior to occur.