On 08/10/2013 09:27 AM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
> Hi all,
>     As per usual an update of Libre Office is failing and causing all
> sorts of build troubles. I have an install, the previous version,  of
> Libre Office working so how do I stop portage from trying to update to
> the latest.
>

> [ebuild     UD ] app-office/libreoffice-4.0.4.2 [4.1.0.1]
>
> What do I have to fiddle so that portage won't want to upgrade
> libreoffice? This is stopping my "-NuD world" from completing so I need
> to suppress libreoffice for the time being and come back to it later.
>
>     Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
>
>         Andrew

You can use the --exclude parameter (I think?) and it will ignore it for
the one command, then after everything is updated you can solve it
further. Try:

emerge --exclude app-office/libreoffice -NuD world

This is not a permanent change but it will allow you to complete your
update, then you can set the masking afterwards.

Dan