On 10/08/13 17:36, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
  Hi,

  When I do a

     beagleboneblack:/root>swapon /dev/sda2
     beagleboneblack:/root>free
     Mem:        507476      50812     456664          0      13108      17244
     -/+ buffers/cache:      20460     487016
     Swap:      5242876          0    5242876

swap is added to the system.

If I add

     /dev/sda2  none             swap  sw                                0 0

swapspace will not be used after a reboot.

dmesg has nothing specific...

What did I wrong here? Why get swap not used via fstab?

That fstab line looks correct, only things coming to mind are wrong filesystem type for the partition or missing localmount from the boot runlevel. You can check by,

# fdisk -l /dev/sda

Look at the "Id" line, it should be "82" if I remember correctly out from memory.

And,

# rc-update show |grep localmount

You should see:

localmount | boot

I don't think this will help, but I hope it does :P