On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:17:15 +0200, q-parser wrote:

> I don't see much into this, but will it not be in confict if you use
> the same IP and port for 2 ServerNames?

No, this is how name based virtual hosting works. The browser sends a
host: header with the request, Apache uses this to determine which
virtual host to use to serve the content. It is possible to serve
thousands of hosts from a single port and IP address.

See the commented vhost config files and the documentation for a more
complete explanation.

> I would use different ports for
> these two webs instead.

That would require visitors to type a port number as well as the URI,
something most web users are not accustomed to.

--
Neil Bothwick

Are you using Windows or is that just an XT?