Frank Steinmetzger <war...@gmx.de> [13-09-19 17:40]:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 05:08:24PM +0200, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a mysterious (at least to me ;) effect on system:
> > When playing DVDs with different players (vlc/mplayer)
> > video and audio seem to be ok.
> > With one exception:
> > I only /see/ the actors moving their mouths...there his
> > not a single voice audible.
> > Background sound and everything else is fine.
> >
> > I tried to increase the volume of "all suspicious"
> > levels of alsamixer and checked for muted channels
> > but no success.
> >
> > I recompiled mplayer and vlc -- no effect.
>
> Sounds like your channel mixing is misconfigured. Unfortunately I can
> only give you that pointer, but not how to dereference it. ;-)
> The player thinks you have some kind of surround system, so you only
> hear two out of x channels.
> --
> Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
> Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
>
> Dyslexics of the world, untie!

HiFrank,

thanks for your help! I will try to use it as *help. :)

Whats interesting with all that is: "previously" (read "before
that problem") everyhing works fine.
And then ...once in a sudden... "something" had shuffled the
channels.

Is there any /sys/... or /proc/... entry to which I could shout "stereo"
to switch back to good 'ole stereo instead of this surround stuff ?

Best regards,
mcc