Since this is a 9999 ebuild, I'm not filing a bugzilla bug.  Note that
www-client/uxbl-2012.05.14 built OK.  Apparently, the latest git sources
have some features I really want, that are not in any of the other
ebuilds.  So I'm trying to build it.  The 9999 build first pulled down
and installed git, so that it could then pull the latest uzbl source.
The compile seems to have gone OK, but the final install process ran
into permission problems creating a directory.  Here's the part with the
error...

> running build_scripts
> running install_lib
> creating /usr/lib64/python3.2/site-packages/uzbl
>  * ACCESS DENIED:  mkdir:        /usr/lib64/python3.2/site-packages/uzbl
> error: could not create '/usr/lib64/python3.2/site-packages/uzbl': Permission
> denied
> make: *** [install-event-manager] Error 1
>  * ERROR: www-client/uzbl-9999 failed (install phase):
>  *   emake failed

  I'm attaching the full log.  The system is a Dell Intel i5, with
pure 64-bit mode (no multilib), and the basic workstation profile, cut
down even more by starting USE with "-*" and adding the flags I need for
a "custom profile".

  This is the first time I've tried a "9999" ebuild, so I may be missing
something obvious.  /usr/lib64/python3.2/site-packages/ is user:group
root:root

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>