On Sunday 29 September 2013 22:09:35 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 29/09/2013 19:59, Tanstaafl wrote:
> > I've been told that this shouldn't be a big deal... while I am a
> > (barely) passable linux sys admin
>
> Allow me to forward an opinion. The above is not true, not even close.
>
> Don't knock yourself, you don't deserve it :-)
>
> In my day job I get to meet many people, and vast fleets of them are
> paid obscene amounts of money to do sysadmin work. I have an unprintable
> opinion of most of these folks (I'm tired of cleaning up after them and
> they mess they leave).

I can imagine some of those opinions, I am certain I have uttered the exact
same words myself on occasion.

It gets worse when those are the ones holding the root-password and refuse to
give it to you, even though it is obvious I know how to do things better then
they do...

> You on the other hand would wipe the floor with easily 95% of those
> clowns. Seriously.
>
> And that goes for just about everyone else on this list who has been
> around a while.

The list thanks you :)

--
Joost