On 2013-10-04, Dragostin Yanev <gentoo+u...@netixen.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Oct 2013 20:55:25 +0000 (UTC)
>
>> IOW I've succesfully re-routed TCP _packets_ but not the TCP
>> _connection_.
>>
>> How do I tell the TCP stack that it's supposed to use the 172.16
>> inteface/gateway for connections to port 80?
>
> It's been a while but i believe you want to route via interface not
> gateway. Providing more info will make it easier to help you.

Can you explain what "route via interface" means?

I tried a default route like this:

  ip route add table pmain default dev net2

instead of:

  ip route add table pmain default via <gateway-ip> dev net2

But then non-local packets routed via that table don't seem to go out
any interface at all.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm meditating on
                                  at               the FORMALDEHYDE and the