On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 01:11:44PM -0700, Drew Tomlinson wrote
> I can't start xorg as /dev/input/mouse0 doesn't exist.  I used to
> have this working with the same hardware and don't recall making any
> changes.  What things must be loaded or what should I check to get
> my mouse detected?  I'm using 2.6.11 kernel with udev.  Nudges to
> an appropriate web page are welcome.  I have been unsuccessful
> with Google.

  Plan a) Does gpm work in text mode?  If yes, "cat /etc/conf.d/gpm"
          and see what device it lists as being used.

  Plan b) Start off with the command "ls -al -R /dev > list.txt" and
          view list.txt with your favourite editor or file-viewer.
          Look under "/dev/input".  Also check for "/dev/mouse" or
          "/dev/mice" or "/dev/psaux" or "/dev/misc/".  You should find
          something somewhere.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca