On Saturday 02 November 2013 16:31:21 Mick wrote:
>On Saturday 02 Nov 2013 00:02:26 jdm wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I cannot run any youtube videos with Konqueror. Any suggestions?
>> They run fine in Firefox.
>>
>> John D Maunder
>
>Are they flash or HTML 5 videos?  Are your plugins configured as they
>should be in Konqueror?
>
>PS.  I don't think that there is a difference between webkit and khtml
>engines - it works with both fine here.

I think they are flash but I cannot play any video on youtube (also
dailymotion). I thought youtube had gone html5 but not so sure, as get
Could not load movie '/tmp/kde-john/konquerorPS4531.swf'. So I think
this is flash. Using khtml.

I have gone on to other sites and some videos play. Its hist and miss.
(100% failure on youtube). Its nice to now that it's working for you so
I will try a few rebuilds and use flags perhaps.

I have tried both 32 and 64 flash (and all versions), with and without
nspluginwrapper.

Its just an annoyance as I can play all with firefox. It's just that I
want to be kde only for the time being.

John