On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 03:15:51AM +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote

> does xine also have a speed problem?
> If yes:

  I don't have xine loaded.  I've had problems building it in the past.
mplayer has been trouble-free.

> could you please post xorg.conf/Xorg.0.log?
>
> Maybe they contain somethin obvious...

  To avoid cluttering up the list, I've posted them on my webpage; see
http://www.waltdnes.org/xorg.conf.txt
http://www.waltdnes.org/Xorg.0.log.txt

  According to the box, the card is a PowerColor X300 SE, with PCI
Express and full DirectX 9 support.

  One thing I notice is at the very end of xorg.conf...

# Section "DRI"
#    Mode 0666
# EndSection

According to "man radeon"

   Option "BusType" "string"
          Used to replace previous ForcePCIMode option.   Should  only  be
          used  when  driver's  bus  detection is incorrect or you want to
          force a AGP card to PCI mode. Should NEVER force a PCI  card  to
          AGP bus.
          PCI    -- PCI bus
          AGP    -- AGP bus
          PCIE   -- PCI Express (falls back to PCI at present)
          (used only when DRI is enabled)
          The default is auto detect.

  I uncommented the 3 lines and in the video card section I added...

Option      "BusType"       "PCIE"

  but it looks like it's not enabled.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>