On 9/7/05, Heinz Sporn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 07.09.2005, 11:39 +0200 schrieb Uwe Thiem:
> > On 07 September 2005 09:15, Heinz Sporn wrote:
> > > Am Dienstag, den 06.09.2005, 08:32 -0700 schrieb gentuxx:
> > > [snip]

> > > Sorry, but that's simply not true. IPX has no glue what to do with a
> > > TCP/IP based VPN tunnel.
> >
> > ... and it doesn't need to. Gentuxx's answer above is correct.
>
> Sucessfully creating a VPN tunnel of some sort does really not enable
> IPX traffic automagically. At least you have to establish ethernet
> bridging on both ends of the tunnel. Not that big a deal if you have two
> Linux boxes on both ends of the tunnel and run say OpenVPN. But I was
> under the impression that this is not the scenario here.
Right you are ;)
The other endpoint is supposed to be WinXP box.
I was wondering if there's some magical way to establish an IPX tunnel
inside a TCP based VPN (using openvpn client at one endpoint).
Why does everything besides random clicking have to be so hard in this damn OS..

Thanks for your awnsers. Thread closed.

--
Regards
Karol Krzak