>From man:capabilities(7): "Capabilities are a per-thread attribute."

I don't think you can grant any capability to a user. A workaround for
what you want is to write a little executable that only execvp's bash
(or whatever shell you use), grant that executable CAP_NET_RAW, and
then set it as default shell with usermod.

Regards.

--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México