Hi, I installed Gentoo a long time ago with the desktop/gnome profile set.
Now, I don't use gnome (i use fluxbox). However since I have the use tags,
many gnome libraries were pulled in over time.

Now, since the upgrade to gnome 3.8, Portage updates result in a conflict
because the gnome libs need systemd, which conflicts with udev.

Instead of making the switch to systemd, I decided to change my profile to
plain desktop (no gnome). Since I don't have gnome desktop, it was
relatively simple for the system to update itself.

My only questions are, will cups and hplip function in a 'gnomeless'
system, and are there any other gotchas to be aware of?