Holly Bostick <motub <at> planet.nl> writes:

> Good morning, this is the general users list. If you want the security
> experts, try

> gentoo-security       For the discussion of security issues and fixes
> gentoo-hardened       For a security hardened version of Gentoo

You mean I have to go to this group to find detailed documentation
in iptables/netfilter rulesets that are indeed secure, published,
and used in more than one place?

> If you want to discuss comparisons between Gentoo and BSD, this might be
> the place:

agreeded

> That's all I'm going to say in the face of all this needlessly insulting
> behaviour.

Holly, I have not nor do not intend to insult or constipate anyone.
Sincere apologies. However, I find this very strange that published
rulesets do not exist for iptables/netfilter, for simple and common
things lick a home-office router with (3) nics, including LAN, WAN
and DMZ with optional web and dns(internal) servers. If you find my
sharing these thoughts with you, and the 50 times I've had to write
that I'm interested in iptables/netfilters and not shorewall, then
I think you are a bit too sensitive about divergent opinions.

sincerely,
James