On 12/30/13 17:36, Randolph Maaßen wrote:
[snip]

With the line in fstab:

/dev/sdb1               /media/stick    auto            noauto,rw,users
0  0

Some USB stick are mounted as root:root and I can not change that even as
root.
When I remove this like from fstab.
The USB stick are mounting correctly as joseph:users owner except they have
different mounting location which I don't like.

--
Joseph

You can specify the user/group that mounts a device with some mount
options. I think they are uid=<username>/gid=<groupname> but I'm not
sure and unfortunatly not on my Linux box at the moment.

I've tried in fstab:
/dev/sdb1               /media/stick    auto
noauto,uid=1000,gid=100,umask=077        0  0

but I'm getting an error:
Error mounting system-managed device /dev/sdb1: Command-line `mount "/media/stick"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1,

What am I missing?

--
Joseph