On 2014-01-09 4:24 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 08/01/2014 20:03, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2014-01-08 11:54 AM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
I just updated glibc to 2.1.17, and got the following error at the very
end of the emerge:

/usr/bin/python2.7: relocation error: /lib64/libresolv.so.2: symbol
__sendmmsg, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with
link time reference

Is this something to worry about?

After some googling...

Could this have anything to do with the fact that I don't have either of
these set in /etc/portage/make.comf:

PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3"
PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"

?

Just added them and am remerging glibc... sill see what happens...

I doubt the missing entries are relevant, they just set defaults.
Without PYTHON_TARGETS portage installs all python versions, the
settings just restricts it to the ones you want.

PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET says which python to use if there can only be one,
the ebuild normally sets this itself.

I'd be surprised if the change made a difference, but if it does that
would be an interesting bug to track down

Well... there was no error this time (did emerge -v1)...

So, no idea on what the error message even meant? Googling reveals a few older references to it, but nothing substantial as far as a cause, or if it is anything to worry about.