On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:17:18 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > I get this on my desktop but not my laptop. I have tried for ages to
> > find out why it only fails on the desktop and gave up. Now I just
> > "chmod +x /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper" and it goes away,
> > until the next update.
>
> That's interesting. Now that I look at mine, which doesn't throw those
> errors, I find some unusual permissions:
>
> $ ls -l /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
> -rws--x--- 1 root messagebus 316K Dec  1 17:59 /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-
> launch-helper
>
> Is this the same as what doesn't work for you?

It is the same as on both the working laptop and non-working desktop?
Those are the permissions set by the dbus install, but one computer
objects to it. The desktop user is a member of every group that the
laptop user belongs to.

Yes, I know that's bad grammar and a preposition is something you should
never end a sentence with.

--
Neil Bothwick

Top Oxymorons Number 38: Government organization