On 16/01/14 03:12, João Matos wrote:
Dear list,

I'm having problem to watch videos on Gentoo, since I can't remember. I
got stripes all the time, but it get worse iv the scene is fast.

A couple days ago, a friend borrowed my Nvidia gt 240, and I started to
use my at-least-seven-year-old onboard Intel card. For my surprise, I
can watch any videos without problem.

Unfortunately I didn't get my card back to do some testing, but I'd like
to share it with you to see if someone had any similar problem. My
system is ~amd64, including the nvidia-drivers.

Thank you,

The problem is Xv output. There seems to be a bug in driver that results in tearing and rendering corruption on the tearing line.

VDPAU and GL output should be working correctly.