On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:11:06 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> Edit: Dropping KDE may not make much difference, I still get these
> messages when booting without X.

This got me wondering. If I get the messages when booting to a console
login prompt, it can't be anything to do with X or my user. The file is
group owned by messagebus and checking /etc/passwd and /etc/group
revealed inconsistencies. So I removed the messagebus entries from both
file and ran "emerge -1 --noconfmem dbus dbus-glib" and rebooted.

So far, no more of those messages. Thanks to Helmut for raising the topic
again and thanks to Samuli for giving me the kick up the jacksie I needed
to search for a proper solution to replace the ugly hack.

I'm hours behind in my work now, but I am happy(er) :)

--
Neil Bothwick

C:\DOS\SYSTEM\OS2\UTILITIES\DOCS\HELP\WHERE\THE\F$#%\AM\I???