Hi folks.  I wanted to switch to using genkernel-next instead of
genkernel so eventually I could switch to using systemd.  However
genkernel-next-50 will not mount my /usr file system.  I have everything
on lvm volumes, except my /boot which is a regular partition.  With the
regular genkernel /usr is mounted, but I can't even test systemd
bedcause it looks for realinit before /usr is even mounted.  My
genkernel command line is:
genkernel --no-clean --no-splash --lvm --e2fsprogs
--kerneldir=/usr/src/linux-3.6.2-gentoo initramfs

Now when I use genkernel-next, it would not mount /usr because it said
no such file or directory -- I guess its mount point -- not sure of
that.  It would not execute udev because it said there was a missing
library.

So, how can this be fixed?  Is there a bug in genkernel-next?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
How do
you spend it?

         John Covici