On 2014-02-06, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:

> If the switch supports bonding, use that as well. I have 4 interfaces
> in a single bond. On that bond I have the vlans configured.
>
> Helps with the throughput as I have multiple machines pulling data
> from there connected to the same switch.

I hadn't thought about that... it doesn't look like the switch I have
at the moment supports bonding.  Since throughput isn't an issue, I
think I'd rather eliminate the complexity of the second/third/etc. NIC
card(s) in the host.  In the past I had run into problems where an OS
upgrade would cause the interface names to swap on some (but not all)
machines. With just a single interface, and udev-name-randomization
disabled, that problem goes away. :)

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Hmmm ... A hash-singer
                                  at               and a cross-eyed guy were