Stroller wrote:

> On Wed, 12 February 2014, at 9:00 am, Raffaele BELARDI
> <raffaele.bela...@st.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm setting up a dedicated firewall / http proxy-cache (Squid) for my
>> home network, with user authentication in 'digest' mode. Works fine with
>> browsers but sometimes emerge fails.
>
> If I'm understanding correctly, users will have to enter a password to access
> the internet.
>
> My experience was that some whitelisting was necessary quite aside from
> Gentoo emerges, so I'd just add some Gentoo mirrors in there as "allow all"
> sites.

By whitelisting you mean allowing access to some sites without
authenticating the user on the proxy? In what cases did you find this
necessary?

I plan to deploy on the same server also a content filter (DansGuardian)
and all of this is new for me. I understood whitelisting can be done on
DansGuardian to bypass URL filtering but here you are suggesting a
different approach (bypass proxy authentication), right?

raffaele