On 2014-02-21 10:28 AM, Gevisz <gev...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:03:47 -0500
Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:

On 2014-02-21 8:54 AM, Daniel Campbell <li...@sporkbox.us> wrote:
If you think all profit is the same, then we are talking on two
different wavelengths.

I didn't say that. I said that *everyone* operates under the profit
motive.

And that is simply not true.

Yes, it is, but you may be confused about the meaning of 'profit'.

Even someone who volunteers in the local soup kitchen feeding the homeless is doing so under the profit motive. The things is, the 'profit' involved (may) only involve(s) a 'warm fuzzy good feeling'.

If you read my previous words, I said it wasn't always (though I think it is usually) some kind of 'financial' profit.