http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/man

> But, if that is the only method to get parseable text from journalctl,
> then that is less then useless.

Why? There are other output methods. See the man pages...

> I would expect an export option providing the same detail level as I
> currently find in /var/log/messages.

That's what you can control with the various options of -o.

> A timestamp is a minimum required for logging system output.

Depends on how you are processing that output.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D