On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:51:22 +0100
null_ptr <rhan...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Since the last kernel upgrade

Which kernel package? From which version to which version?

> the motherboard beep of my system has gone silent.

Can you diff the dmesg as well as `lsmod` output before and after?

> Module for my sound card is running and SND_HDA_INPUT_BEEP is
> activated in kernel config. Am I missing something else?

Can you diff the kernel config file before and after?

PS: You can use `diff A B | less` to compare file A and B; if you want
to share it with us, you can do `diff A B > /tmp/AB.diff` or so.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D