Am Sun, 30 Mar 2014 20:14:28 +0200
schrieb "Stefan G. Weichinger" <li...@xunil.at>:

> Thanks a lot, very helpful. I followed your suggestions and run gnome
> now successfully with both the latest (stable) kernel and
> nvidia-drivers.
>
> USE-flag acpi ... I don't know if I still need that with systemd, I
> vaguely remember that it is somehow obsolete then. It pulled in
> sys-power/acpid now which wasn't there before.

I'm totally not a fan of systemd, and I admittedly haven't looked into
the nvidia-drivers ebuild and patches, but I guess it applies the patch
which is necessary to get nvidia-drivers working with an acpi enabled
kernel.

So this hasn't anything to do with the acpi daemon or systemd but the
kernel as far as I know.

> USE multilib: I don't know? Could someone point out what I could need
> that for?

This is needed if you want to run 32 bit software (e.g. 32 bit games)
with an amd64 (64 bit) system.

Heiko