Am 19.05.2014 22:51, schrieb Dale:

> I might add, I used dracut for a while.  A while back when I went to
> boot back up, shutdown because my power went out, the init thingy
> failed.  I had zero clue on how to fix it so I edited grub to ignore the
> init part and booted up the old way.  Once booted, I kicked out the init
> thingy and haven't built one since.  I posted this a good while back,
> init thingy fails, it's gone.  You are right, it is one more thing that
> can go wrong.  It certainly hasn't fixed anything yet but it sure did
> break and keep me from booting with it.  ;-)

you english speaking guy call that YMMV ... right?

;-)

on the other hand this evening I was able to boot up a live cd on a
brand new Fuji TX150, transfer some rootfs-backup to it and configure
grub2/systemd/dracut/btrfs/kitchensink from the chroot so that grub2 and
dracut booted up correctly on the first try.

... yeah ...

I am quite experienced already (I think so, sorry for sounding arrogant)
but I am not used to getting it right on the first time (usually you
forget some fs/module/uuid-detail ... and chroot a 2nd time).

This might not have been dracut's own merit but it worked anyway.

Stefan