On Wed, 21 May 2014 20:38:15 -0500, Dale wrote:

> Isn't there a kernel setting that cuts off after 4GBs or something?  I
> seem to recall having to turn that on at some point.  I would think this
> would be on by default but . . . .

That's only in 32 bit kernels AFAIR. The live CD idea is a good one, also
run memtest86+ to make sure the RAM is not only seen but working.

--
Neil Bothwick

I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last week.
Time to die.