On 06/08/2014 03:08 PM, Dale wrote:

> Every time I upgrade CUPS or hplip, I go to a Konsole and type in
> hp-setup as root.  A window pops up and I just set the printer up again,
> it's GUI based.  So far, that has worked.  Don't jinx it tho.  lol

Yep, same here. I read a lot of horror stories getting it to work, and
when I first installed hplip it didn't do anything until I googled and
found I had to run hp-setup with elevated privileges. I haven't had any
issues printing - hplip prints great with my CP1025nw.

> If needed, I go to my web browser to CUPS and delete the printer first.

I hate updating cups and hplip, I've masked newer versions and will only
update when I really have to. (Like another package needing a new
version of something-or-other.)

> Since I ran out of ink, I haven't printed in a while however, the same
> works on my brothers puter and he runs Kubuntu.  Well, was my brothers
> anyway.  :/

I'm using hplip on Ubuntu, Mint, and Gentoo.

Dan