On 10/06/2014 16:27, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 15:35:57 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>
>> I know about --keep-going, I don't like it much.
>
> What's not to like? Do you like a long emerge list aborting as soon as
> you turn your back because of a missing patch file in a minor package?

Yes, exactly. For two reasons:

1. In the vast majority of cases, there's something to deal with and I
like to deal with it now. Missing patch files are comparatively rare for
me, whereas X doesn't build with the latest version of Y is somewhat
common. I'd rather mask the new version of Y and let portage re-figure
things out.

2. My over-the-top OCDness won't let me leave the bloody thing alone and
let it finish, if I know there's an error in there I feel compelled to
hit Ctrl-C and find out what the error is :-)

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com