On 06/14/2014 10:10 PM, Dale wrote:
John Campbell wrote:
On 06/14/2014 07:10 PM, Dale wrote:

I don't have a env directory in /etc/portage and there is no
openjpeg-1.3-r2 available in the tree.  I sort of think I know what you
are talking about tho.  I need to create that directory structure for
openjpeg-1.4-r1 and put ABI_X86="32 x32" in the file.

Sorry, I mistyped the version number.

Ahh.  I was curious and thought about that.  That version is mentioned
in the error tho so I wasn't sure.  I wonder tho, can I add that file
and not have a version at all?   Sort of like I do in package.keywords
etc etc.

Yes, you can skip the version number. It should be just like the package.* directories but for env(ironment) variables. It wouldn't suprise me if someone renamed it to package.env someday like they did from package.keywords to package.accept_keywords.

Well, I have 16Gbs here.  I'm not lacking for memory.  If memory prices
were to drop a bit, I could upgrade some more.  I'd have to swap out
what I have tho.  Old mobo would only take 4GB sticks and this new one
will take 8GB sticks.

Unless you have a specific reason for keeping both x32 and 64 ABIs I'd suggest changing to ABI_X86="32 64" globally in /etc/make.conf (or /etc/portage/make.conf). It's a lot easier than waiting for the next conflict. Then do "emerge --new-use --deep @world" and you're done. There shouldn't bee too many packages that need rebuilding.