On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 4:06 AM,  <cov...@ccs.covici.com> wrote:
> Hi.  I want to turn numlock automatically, but I am using systemd and I
> am having troubles doing this.  At someones suggestion in a previous
> message (I think Canek's) I created
> /etc/systemd/system/getty@service.d/numlock.conf with the following
> contents
>
> [Service]
> ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/setleds -D -num </dev/%I
>

> However, setleds dies with the following error:
> Jun 19 14:24:55 ccs.covici.com setleds[4878]: KDGKBLED: Inappropriate
> ioctl for device
> Jun 19 14:24:55 ccs.covici.com setleds[4878]: Error reading current
> flags setting. Maybe you are not on the console?
>
> I tried to fool with chvt to make the console current, but no joy there.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.

Could you post the exact invocation for setleds? It should be on the
logs. I think the invocation for setleds shuld be:

/usr/bin/setleds -D +num < /dev/%i

The difference between %I (capital "i") and %i is only that %i escapes
special symbols, but since it's only the string tty[1-N], I don't
think it matters much.

The exact invocation of setleds matters, so we can see if the template
unit is generating the correct one.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias