Howdy,

I see lxqt(0.7) in portage now. I assume it is the qt5 based lxqt?
I'm Not sure or if the lxqt-base/lxqt-meta--.7.0-r1 is still qt4 based?

Anyway, I have looked for a migration guide and found little info.
Being relatively new to the LX* scene, it took me some effort
to get the workstation setup "happy". My current setup uses
a myriad of config files, much to my chagrin.... Some cleanup
is warranted, but since the big upgrade to lxqt is mimminent, I
figured I'd wait and do it once.

So I'm curious about suggestions on this migration. Do you install
lxqt-meta first, then manually delete the lxde applicaotins? Blockers?
Polkit, the Desktop manager and the several differect terminal
types I use, were all a bit of (a hack really) effort to get happy.
I wonder if lxqt has any new issues that are new to the LX* environment?

Is there a way to parlay the existing lxde config info into lxqt,
or do I need to back all of that up, nuke all of the lxde builds
and start from scratch on lxqt?

Anyone tried the lxqt offering in (testing) portage tree ?
All comments are welcome.

James