On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 11:12 +0200, Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
> Am Montag, 12. September 2005 08:56 schrieb Frank Schafer:
> > On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 18:38 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> > > And in the 2005.1 handbook is no (!) --emptytree.
> >
> > LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!!
> > this is cut'n-pasted from the "Gentoo Handbook 6d JUST NOW!!!!
>
> The 2005.1 Handbook, which Volker referes to,  has no Section 6d.
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/2005.1/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=6
>
> > snip-------------------------------
> > Building the System
> >
> > To start building the system, execute emerge --emptytree system. Then go
> > do something to keep your mind busy, because this step takes a long time
> > to complete.
> > Code Listing 22: Building the System
> > # emerge --emptytree system
> > ---------------------------------snap
>
> You are reading the "Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook"
> (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=6),
> which is a different one.
>
> > LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
> > You MUST be a German! Not able to read and arrogant (talking about
> > ability of others)!
>
> In fact YOU did not read Volkers post carefully. Now call me arrogant, cause
> am german too. Even worse, I am bavarian :)
>
> > 0,02$
> > Frank
> >
> > PS: and yes, I DID build from stage1 and DID change CFLAGS.
>
> Did you change the CFLAGS after bootstrapping? If not, there is no need for
> --emptytree. The CFLAGS you set for bootstrap ARE your default CFLAGS.
> I always do stage1 installs. I even do the bootstrap ~x86. I never ever used
> --emptytree when emerging the system.
>
> Regards,
> Michael

Brrrr. bavarian ;)
BTW: I'm a hmmm, living in ... see the email

As I mentioned, I've changed nearly everything experimenting to get the
install and then ...
see my [WORKAROUNDED] post.

Regards
Frank

PS: Volker simply made me a bit angry calling me unable. I'm a UNIX
programmer / system administrator since 15 years. Xcuse me.