On Wednesday 25 Jun 2014 19:54:51 Joseph wrote:
> On 06/25/14 18:30, Mick wrote:

> >> I don't have any plug-in installed; so I'm puzzled by this behavior.
> >
> >Do your settings for session-cookies differ between the two profiles?
> >
> >Otherwise I'm running out of ideas.
>
> Cookies are the same on both profiles "allow for session"
> I'm running out of ideas as well.

Logically, the server gets a 'GET / HTTP/1.1' request from the client and
responds to it in the same way, irrespective of the client.  If you are
running some clever authentication and javascript/php on the server, then the
request could be tested for the browser capabilities and serve different page
content accordingly.

Do you see a difference in the initial exchange of:

GET / HTTP/1.1  -->

HTTP/1.1 200 OK  <--

when you use 'tcpflow -c -i eth0' between the two profiles?

Note if the browser starts an TLS negotiation then all the content will be
encrypted.  Otherwise you should be able to see what attributes it sends to
the server, e.g.

Accept:
text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8

and what the server responds in each case.

--
Regards,
Mick