Hi all,

This is something I have been looking for for a while now, but not found
anything easily usable yet.

I need a way to add dependencies to services which are provided by different
servers. For instance, my mail server uses DNS to locate my LDAP server which
contains the mail aliases. All these are running on different machines.
Currently, I manually ensure these are all started in the correct sequence, I
would like to automate this to the point where I can start all 3 servers at
the same time and have the different services wait for the dependency services
to be available even though they are on different systems.

All the dependency systems in the init-systems I could find are all based on
dependencies on the same server. Does anyone know of something that can
already provide this type of dependencies? Or do I need to write something
myself?
I have been unable to locate anything via Google, but I might be using the
wrong search words.

Many thanks,

Joost