-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config little problem (rt61pci)
Date:   Wed, 02 Jul 2014 19:59:01 +0300
From:   Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kaps...@gmail.com>
To:     gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org

On 07/02/2014 05:04 PM, João Matos wrote:
> Dear list,
>

> As you can see at the image attached, I'm looking for my wireless
> driver (rt61pci). I can find it when I search using "/" on "make
> menuconfig", but, it is not listed on wireless menu.
>
> I don't know what is happening, but probably happend bcz I used "make
> localmodconfig" withou the card attached.
>
> But I think it'll be easy for you.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> João Neto
> Linux User #461527
> http://br.linkedin.com/pub/jo%C3%A3o-de-matos/7/316/552

I'm running 3.12.21-gentoo-r1. Not sure what kernel version you're
running, but I believe the kernel config you're after is:
grep CONFIG_RT2X00 .config
# CONFIG_RT2X00 is not set

Once enabled, you should be able to select the right config option for
your device.

Hope this helps.

My apologies, I thought you said you had trouble finding the right
config for your card, but after reading your original post once again, I
realised that I hadn't read it right in the first place.

3.12.21-gentoo-r1 does have the source files for your card though:
du -a /usr/src/linux/*|sed '/rt61pci/!d;s/.*\t//'
/usr/src/linux/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt61pci.h
/usr/src/linux/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt61pci.c