On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that the idea of keeping your passphrase in the clipboard is frowned
> upon for security reasons.  Not only because of any potential memory leaks,
> but because you may inadvertently paste it in GUI fields/areas you were not
> meant to

Mick,

Thank you.  I too have been concerned about this.  I've also been
concerned about "memory leaks".  FYI one cute feature of keepass is
that it clears the clipboard 20 seconds after you copy your password
to it.  Today (2014) I am choosing to use the clipboard/keepass to
manage complex/unique passwords.  Perhaps in the future (2015)
everybody will support something like the Yubikey HW OTP... in which
case it won't matter if everyone sees my password!

Chris