On Sun, 6 July 2014, at 11:47 pm, shawn wilson <ag4ve...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I change emerge/ebuild from using cpan to metacpan to a local repo?

If you're just creating a local ebuild - i.e. bumping to a version that isn't
in portage - then I think you should be able to just download the .tar.gz file
and stick it in /usr/portage/distfiles/ before creating the manifest.

Alternatively you might be able to set RESTRICT="fetch" in the ebuild (from the
dev-java/sun-jdk ebuilds), so that the download is ignored and your tarball is
used.

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're trying to do.

Stroller.