On Tuesday, July 08, 2014 02:45:41 PM taozhijiang wrote:
> Hi, all
> I have installed dual OSes on my laptop: Microsoft Windows 7 and Gentoo.
> But I can not sync the time with the different OSes.
> By default, Windows & shows the right time, but Gentoo failed, how to setup
> the system to fix the problem described above.
>
> I am in the Zone UTC+8, China/Beijing.

Please check the hwclock configuration:
**********
# cat /etc/conf.d/hwclock
# Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your Hardware Clock is set to UTC (also known as
# Greenwich Mean Time).  If that clock is set to the local time, then
# set CLOCK to "local".  Note that if you dual boot with Windows, then
# you should set it to "local".
clock="UTC"

In other words:
Set the BIOS clock to the local time.
Set the following in the /etc/conf.d/hwclock file:
clock="local"

Also, ensure that MS Windows does the clock-changes between summer and winter
time (if that exists where you live).

--
Joost