I use KDE's plasma pager. It gives a nice MacOS-like grid layout that
pops up when switching virtual desktops. Trouble is, the thing doesn't
enable itself when starting KDE, I have to do that manually:

right click pager in panel -> pager settings -> Virtual desktops ->
Switching -> Show desktop layout indicators

disable and re-enable it brings the popup back. It's now getting
annoying, and things like .xsesssion-errors are devoid of useful info on
the matter. Tips anyone?

Note this is the virtual desktop layout popup, it shows up in the middle
of the screen. It's not the keyboard layout widget in the panel.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com