Have you tried iwconfig?

Il 18/07/2014 18:28, Jarry ha scritto:
Hi Gentoo-users,

I added the 2nd network adapteer to my gentoo-box and I want
to use it. But... I do not know how it is called!

ifconfig shows only the one adapter I had, called "enp3s0".
I remember some time ago I moved from "human" network names
(i.e. eth0) to this and now I see the first disadvantage:
while before I could guess new network name (probably eth1,
eth2, etc), now I can not. I tried "enp4s0", "enp3s1",
"enp4s1" but I always get only "No such device" error.

I checked gentoo-handbook but it works with those old & good
network devices (eth0, eth1).

So how can I find name of the new network adapter?

Jarry