Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:

> > What would folks suggest is the best way to capture the output
> > from the screen into a file (fancy formating?) as well as being
> > able see the local builds as they scroll the build out to
> > the terminal (screen) window (normal emerge results viewed fromt the
> > terminal session ?
>
> Set PORT_LOGDIR in make.conf. This is not the same as the ELOG settings,
> it logs the entire output from the ebuild.

This sound workable. If I don't want something logged, just comment
out the PORT_LGDIR in make.conf, or is there a way on the Command line
to toggle this on and off, without manually editing the file?

I assume there is a unique log file for each separate ebuild.

Where do I read up on PORTDIR (documentation) referred to in
man make.conf ?

James