On Saturday 26 Jul 2014 17:47:51 Grand Duet wrote:
> > etc/resolv.conf ?
> >
> >> I guess, no.

> >> This does not help as /etc/resolv.conf is overwritten on every reboot.
> >> Creating /etc/resolv.conf.tail also did not help.

> >> It is ok. I am writing from the same subnet.
> >
> > That was just the trouble-shooting part, I use /etc/resolv.conf.head
> > as my permanent solution to dns nameservers setting on my desktop(see
> > my previous mail).
>
> Moving my /etc/resolv.conf.tail with nameservers IPs to
> /etc/resolv.conf.head changed nothing on reboot.

Have you checked that:

udev has not changed the name of your NIC and if it has, that your symlinks in
/etc/init.d are correct.

Similarly, interface names are correct in your /etc/conf.d/net.

The syntax in /etc/conf.d/net is in line with /usr/share/doc/netifrc-
*/net.example.bz2

If all of the above are as they should be, then I'm running out of ideas.

--
Regards,
Mick