On 29-Jul-14 19:25, Samuli Suominen wrote:
On 29/07/14 20:22, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:25:15 +0200, Jarry wrote:
________
* Creating list of required static device nodes for the current
kernel... Warning: /lib/modules/3.12.21-gentoo-r1/modules.devname not
found - ignor ________

What does it mean and how can I get rid of it?
By creating the missing file :)

Right, and if he is using monolitic kernel with CONFIG_MODULES=n in
kernel /usr/src/linux/.config,
with no modules at all, then he should remove 'kmod-static-nodes' init
script from the runlevels to silence the warning
That is, if that's really true, otherwise use `depmod -a`

That's the right solution! I'm absolutely sure I never disabled
kmod-static-nodes on other system, but it is not started there.
But on this freshly installed system, kmod-static-nodes is started
at sysinit. I removed it, and that message is gone. Thanks!

Jarry--