On 30/07/2014 22:58, Alan McKinnon wrote:
On 30/07/2014 23:47, Mick wrote:
Having updated some perl packages, I ran perl-cleaner which failed with some
blockers, I ran:

emerge --deselect --ask $(qlist -IC 'perl-core/*')

emerge -uD1a $(qlist -IC 'virtual/perl-*')

as advised by perl-cleaner, before I ran perl-cleaner successfully.

Following all this depclean give me a loooong list of perl packages, but I am
reluctant to hit yes, before I confirm that this correct:

It's very likely safe:

http://dilfridge.blogspot.com/2014/07/perl-in-gentoo-dev-langperl-virtuals.html

I'm quite sure that whole list is now bundled with perl itself so
there's no need to have the modules as well.

Everything except for IO::Compress and Scalar::List::Utils. I concur; nothing about this list appears surprising.

--Kerin